View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 08:54 AM   #1
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Reasons NOT TO choose a particular FI kit...

Hi all,

I've read & re-read a TON of info on the various FI kits for our cars (thanks to all the guys for their great input and research!) so I don't want to rehash those threads and get told I should go with other options like KW over JR.

I've narrowed it down to the following;
1. I want a SC for ease of use, ease of install and overall simplicity of creating more power (i.e. no turbo) + the power these kits make suits my needs just fine.

2. I already have headers and a flexfuel kit on the car (woohoo)

3. I've narrowed down my FI choices to 2 main options, the Jackson Racing centrifugal/Rotrex kit or the Sprintex/Innovate 210+ kit.

I do not mind revving the car to 7k to access the power, but I also see the benefits of the twin screw kick in power lower down. However, as I am after longevity and reliability I think the Rotrex kit is "kinder" to the engine as it builds the power more steadily (but I could be wrong).
The reason for these 2 options is because I like the Rotrex kits and Jackson has great reviews overall + a fair price.
Sprintex is readily available here.

All other kits had downsides I didn't think were worth it (e.g. the Edlebrock kit is more expensive and heavier, the Cosworth kit is priced like I drive a Ferrari, and ultimately they all make between 250-300whp depending on who dyno'd them and what supporting mods you have).

I have some questions, but please can only those with experience of these kits give their comments ;

My main question if you own either kit is... is there any reason why I should not get your kit?

Is there any reason you'd say definitely buy A or B kit?

Finally - I live in a fairly warm climate which is also why I'm looking at going the Rotrex route (less heat generally).

Thanks in advance!
Tristor (02-28-2018)