View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #64
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Buttonwillow was a success! The car ran great all day, surviving about 4 hrs track time in 100-105 degree temps with zero problems.

Couple of quick thoughts:

1. Forgot how much fun it is going to the track! Love being able to completely explore the limits of the car in a controlled environment. Turn8 did a great job organizing. Buttonwillow cw13 was a ton of fun too. Elevation changes, slow corners, fast sweepers, lots of places to play around with the handling balance using the throttle.

2. The tires (hankook RS3's) are done. I think not tracking for 3 years and just street driving on them really shortened their lifespan. I drove a friend's BRZ (on relatively fresh a052's) to confirm and sure enough, I could stay on the throttle and hold lines that I couldn't on my RS3's. My friend had the same thought after driving my car. I'll try to kill these tires off and get a fresh set, maybe try champiro sx2 for 86cup.

3. It's been a while since I drove a stock Twin and I didn't realize how much more oversteer my car had. Coming out of the 2nd gear corner "off ramp", I could easily rotate the rear on my car and hold a slight drift (for fun), but couldn't do it on the stock suspension BRZ. May be related to lower grip tires (#2) as well.

4. The extra camber in the front was great. I still had to keep tire pressures higher than I like at 34-35psi to avoid rolling into the sidewall, but much better than before. Id love to get -3.3 degrees next.

5. Engine held up well after the recall. I noticed I now lose a slight amount of oil (about 1/4 quart during this last track day), but otherwise it keeps cranking along. Didnt even lose any coilpacks!
Attached Images

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (06-24-2020)