Old 10-17-2022, 04:22 PM   #12
X25
Sr. Spiritual Advisor

Drives: 2023 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Stock diff. Rates seem great. Puts down power way better than I had expected and it's balanced *really* well with 1/4" of rake (rear higher than front) measured hub to fender.

I think you need a little softer front spring (400 lb/in?) and way more front swaybar to fix the softness. If you're not going to be constantly going to different tracks or messing with car setup in changing conditions, the Karcepts bar is overkill. I love the Karcepts bar for autocross because every site is different but if I was building for solely HPDE I'd just do a Perrin 19mm or 22mm (maybe buy both in case you want to swap)

The MCS shock settings seem pretty reasonable from what I know of Karcept's MCS 2WNR valving. I've seen folks run as high as 10 clicks of compression though, so you definitely have room to play with the shocks.

Perrin's 22mm bar is pretty comparable to what Karcepts suggested for front sway bar stiffness, so I suppose I can just go with that.

What do you think about the rear bar? In other platforms, only (substantially) upgrading one end introduced stability issues on road course track. Per their web site, Perrin seems to recommend 19mm rear bar for a stiff road course setup paired with their 22mm front bar.

I'm not sure why you suggested softer front spring; I've had excellent front bite to be honest, and considering how soft it feels at times, I can't imagine using even softer springs?
'19 Corvette Z06 Z07 (Track Build Thread)
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote