View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
3nl

Drives: 2015 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSeraph View Post
I prefer west highway 19 not too far from Waunakee to Mazomanie. Very curvy stretch and in my experience, low traffic. A friend of mine once lived in Mazo and my best time is somewhere in 8 minutes going across that stretch.. it will not disappoint.
Looks like higher-speed sweepers on the map with a tighter area around the lake? Any suggestions for tighter, lower-speed roads where I can kick it down into 2nd or even 1st? Stuff like the S-Turn on J right by the Sugar River - where you can actually take the car to 100% without breaking the speed limit too much. You can come in doing 55, heel toe to 2nd for the first turn, take it almost to redline just in time to hammer the brakes, heel-toe to first, and redline up through 2nd and into 3rd going through the S without ever breaking the speedlimit (if you ignore the warning signs) and never leave the powerband.

I like being able to keep the car in the powerband through the twisties, so really 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are my only options if I want to stay reasonably within the speed limit. Stuff where you can take the car to 95% of it's limit while not having to worry about spending a night in jail and riding a bike to work for the next 6 months (or, you know, causing an accident with farm equipment).
3nl is offline   Reply With Quote