Old 10-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #1575
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
There was some interest right after it happened but that tailed off pretty quickly as more and more cars started coming available cheap with blown motors. I wish I had a garage

I also spoke with the tech before the work was done and a few times after when problems started cropping up. The dealer even had the car back in the shop twice to "correct" the problem. Both times they dropped the oil pan and cleaned debris out of the pickup but refused to dig any deeper because "that's all that's necessary". The old warranty manager even promised me that they would extend the coverage to 18 months and 18k miles with 300 mile towing coverage if it failed. Well, he got fired for providing good customer service and they refused to honor what he said because he never documented anything he said. I tried to talk to the dealership manager the other day but he wouldn't come downstairs to discuss this with me because, in their words, "there is nothing to discuss"! I posted a few pages back that SOA told me that since the car is beyond their expected service life at 138k they have no interest in helping me to solve the problem.
so sorry to hear of your experience. This is common. After mine went the dealership Irvine Toyota that did the recall work wouldnt return emails or calls.
TommyW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TommyW For This Useful Post:
gravitylover (10-24-2020), JesseG (10-25-2020)