Old 07-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #12
MaxTurbo

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3rdSun View Post
On July 2,
MAJOR props to MaxTurbo who sold me the tablet,and agreed to actually buy it back from me(and pay and extra $20 to cover shipping which I happily declined to accept) after the trouble that I've been having.Really a stand up guy for sure,and even with this issue,rest assured,you can buy with confidence from him.
Again, sorry for the bad experience. I'd suggest to wait a bit more and have more money for a proper EcuTek package with tune revisions... maybe around $900-$1000. But you will have great support and something more optimized for your engine and mods. I'm going through tune revisions with Delicious after installing the Edelbrock SC. Aside from my engine being picky with some knock at low RPM under boost, the experience has been great. Very responsive guys and even reply to my posts on FB out of nowhere.

Also some more details for everyone else. The OFT was unmarried (original tune written to the car) and then proceeded to erase it via the PC software. The last erase took a little longer than usual, but I didn't mine... the PC software is weird anyway. Then it would show a pop up window saying the tablet had never been used! OK, so ready to sell then! But as we found out later on, it appears that the POS did not erase fully and now is stuck there... half erased, but not able to be used for "reading" an ECU. I'll have to just try to get Open Flash to help me (with lots of patience) and worst case send then the tablet so they can refurbish it.
MaxTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaxTurbo For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-21-2020), Spuds (07-16-2020), Tcoat (07-16-2020), Th3rdSun (07-16-2020)