View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 02:17 PM   #28
Sjej

Drives: 2010 Ford Edge Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarjunkie View Post
My GR86 was $29.5k out the door. Base model with a couple small dealer options.

How did you get it that low? No markup or anything. Did you haggle below MSRP? My dad is really good at that but I don't know how

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
I got my '23 BRZ for $33,176. That did not include Georgia TAVT tax of 7% which I paid when titling/tagging the car. so just over $35k total for a Limited, not base. Hilariously the "base" BRZ is called "Premium"...

$35k total is not that bad but a little more than Id like to pay maybe. Should I just get base model then? Would it be worth saving the extra ~2k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
^Honestly, if the Edge is paid off, I'd take that money for the BRZ and put it in a retirement account (compound interest is a wonderful thing), or start saving for a downpayment on a house.

I spent lots of money on cars/motorcycles growing up so at 41 my retirement isn't close to where it should be.

I have some money dedicated to both a house down payment and retirement. I have about 7k saved for a BRZ. I think at my age everyone forgets we have almost no expenses. Therefore I can contribute about $500/mo for a brz, house, and around the same/whatevers left over for retirement.
Sjej is offline   Reply With Quote