View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #1
projek_01

Drives: 1996 ST204, Series 10 FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Adding Steering Wheel Controls to my 2013

I am starting a project to add steering wheel controls to my car. It is my biggest pet peeve on this car because I find myself getting distracted looking at my touch screen.

I thought about getting the new 2017+ steering wheel but that will be expensive especially with the different air bag and clockspring.

So here we go, I am starting to model the OEM bezel in SolidWorks so I can 3D print a new one. For now, I am still working on the sizing and fitment of the original design.

A 20+ hour print... Using my crappy filament. The quality is horrific but I guess it doesn't matter because I will go through a few revisions at the very least.

I am fairly happy with the first try. I will go home and try to install it. I can tell that a few spots are off by a few millimeters already.

Once I am done with that, I will then add the spots where these wireless steering wheel controls can go. I have my eyes on these which are fairly cheap from the usual chinese sellers.

This is my end goal. I hope to mount these wireless controls like how the engine start/drive select buttons are mounted on a Audi R8.