View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 05:56 AM   #47
will300

Drives: Subaru BRZ SE Lux
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update 20/03/2020 - Bucket Seat Fitting

At the start of the year myself, @DeaconRoc & @Keethos were lucky enough to get some very cheap tickets for the AutoSport International show at the NEC in Birmingham (UK). Normally we wouldn't bother going as the show can be very hit and miss, however as the tickets were cheap we thought why not. Whilst we was there, we heard that Cobra Seats were doing a special show discount on all seats ordered at the show. There was one particular seat I was interested in, the Cobra Nogaro. I'd seen this seat fitted to Paul Cowlands BRZ back in 2015 ([ame]https://twitter.com/paulcowland_/status/556138688988864512[/ame]), and thought it worked really well with our stock interior. I particularly liked this seat as it's supportive but shouldn't sacrifice to much daily comfort, should be easily to get in and out of due to the low bolsters and you can also use the factory OEM seat belt with it. However due to the price and the fact I would rather have a Edirb 023/033 seat I basically ignored the idea, that was until I heard about Cobra's generous discount offer.

After speaking with @DeaconRoc at the show we both agreed to buy one seat each, and would sell the seat to the other person if we didn't like it once fitted. A simple specification was given to Cobra, alcantara center, leather sides and red stitching, to match the OEM interior. Now the next hurdle would be sourcing some seat mounts, I didn't specifically want a fixed mount and I wasn't happy with the aftermarket options available, due the reports of flexing and various rattles/creaks they can make. This is another reason why I didn't consider buying an aftermarket seats before now. However about 6 months ago a post was made on the forum by @BizzMan, who was dealing with a company called Brey-Krause Auto who manufactures seat mounts in house that utilize the OEM sliders for multiple different cars and had just developed a set for his BRZ (link: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137015), these looked like the perfect solution. I showed the guys at Rogue Motorsport this seat mount design and asked them what they thought about this design. They basically said, that it looks like a functional design, but was concerned about whether it'd fit with the Cobra Nogaro seats. They also said they'd probably be able to make them cheaper (once you've added on shipping and taxes, etc).

Two months later, the seats arrived at Rogue Motorsport, by this point they'd come up with a seat mount design but needed a car to test on, fortunately @DeaconRoc had his car booked in the following week, so they used his OEM sliding frame mechanism to test their first prototype, which @Deacon ran for a few weeks before he suggested a couple of changes to the seat position, so he's now running V2 of the seat mount. I was booked in a couple of weeks after this, rather then Rogue making a new prototype they asked if I could try the V1 prototype mount for a couple of weeks and report back my findings. I'll update the thread in due course, unfortunately due to everything thats going on at the moment, I haven't driven the car alot.

Whilst I was at Rogue they changed my brake & clutch fluid along with replacing my dodgy coilpack, which they then covered with a heat resistance/reflective material (all four coilpacks were covered). Which should hopefully stop the issue from happening again, if not they will try fabricating a metal plate to try and block the heat. They also might have found a couple of blows on my ACE CS400 exhaust manifold, however they won't know this until they can remove it, they didn't want to do this as my manifold has been on about 4 years and thought the gaskets might disintegrate, I need to source some replacements.

Here are some pictures of the seat and the seat mount: