JBezugs
Good Job Subaru!

Drives: Green '17 BRZ Sport-Tech MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegared19 View Post
Possible ignorant question regarding oil sensors:

So I already have the non-oil cooler Greddy sandwich plate as I'm running an oil temp and oil pressure sensor there. Am I correct that the oil cooler sandwich plate will replace it and I can fit the sensors into where the lower gold colored bolts are? There's a sensor adaptor for the left side hose. Will I be using that instead? Is there a better place to install either sensor?

I believe you could do either or; either use the sensor adapter that’s comes with the oil cooler on the left side hose, or, use the lower bungs to put your current oil temp and pressure sensors M18 bolts in since they use the same 1/8PT fittings for the sensors.

Which way would be preferential? I’d think using the oil-cooler sensor adapter, so you’re getting your pressure and temperature information on the same side, post-cooler core, rather than getting one reading pre-core and one post-core. However I’ll defer to those more knowledgeable than me to confirm, as I only use the built in oil temp gauge and OEM sensor on my 17, and don’t have any external pressure sensor at the moment.