StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyto31 View Post
However, there's been a few times when I had the clutch pedal fully pressed down, and I would very lightly shift gears and the gear knob would get stuck in between gears.

The shift from first to second, especially in a new car, requires force and commitment. Don't slow your hand movement. Commit to the shift and don't stop until the lever is slotted into 2nd. Don't pull on the stick, but push it into the slot.

Also, I tend to coast in neutral a lot. Pretty much whenever I'm close to coming to a stop. Is there anything wrong with doing this too much?

Nope, wears out your brakes more as opposed to engine braking and that's it.

I've heard there's a break in period for this car, and maybe I shouldn't rev it too high? I heard this more recently, but in general have been revving pretty high (mainly 1st and 2nd), and drive a lot around the 4500 range.

You should vary your rpms and not go above 4K, so they say, but I revved the crap out of it, and in my opinion it makes absolutely no difference. Might wanna change your oil at the 1K mark though.

Thanks!
See my replies in red above. Your car will do these things while it's being broken in. The transmission is very rough around the edges. Eventually shifting will become much smoother. But don't wait too long to switch out your transmission fluid either. Pentosin and Motul get good reviews. I've been using Motul for a while.
JohnJuan (06-22-2018)