View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 01:51 PM   #67
ruturaj001

Drives: BRZ 2023
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I’d try doing a track day with Turn2 and getting Gabe as an instructor. He drives a twin and knows the platform really well. Very fast and articulate.

A lot of guys that run with Audi are instructed to drive really odd lines at the Ridge.

Pacific is plenty safe and Proformance does a good job with their class. The turn onto the front straight is bumpy but it is more of a problem with higher HP cars and novice drivers. It’s really not much worse then coming onto the straight in the finial section at the Ridge. That back section is fine as long as you are not yeeting the curbs, they are big and unsettle the car quite a bit. It looks intimidating but it is not bad as long as you are within your limits and not pushing it. I’ve talked to far more people who have crashed a car at the Ridge than Pacific. The Ridge has a lot of medium to high speed turns and getting off into the grass it is hard to slow the car down and get it under control again before hitting a tire wall, or a ditch, or a flag station. ORP is far sketchier.
Thanks, I would try with T2 and HOD this year.

Thanks, I would go to Pacific as well then this summer. I meant Portland raceway, ORP is too far for me but thinking now Portland might be too far of a drive this year. May be when my son gets older I would be able to stay overnight at places.
ruturaj001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruturaj001 For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (04-13-2024)