Old 09-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #315
wheelspeed
Large Member

Drives: Ford Flex, ZX9R, FLHTCUi, DRZ400S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I am disappointed that there are only 3 actual colors on this car. Everything else is grayscale. I do think Halo and Pavement look pretty good, no judgement or anything like that. BUT I think this car deserves to have a bright orange or neon green or something like that.

Tom's colors look fantastic and I wish I could order in one of those colors. Even the gray color from Tom's renders looks better to my eye than the 2 more silvery options from Toyota.

Out of the stock colors, Neptune and (sigh) Track bRed are the only colors that aren't boring. (to me at least, I concede that color is 100% subjective)

VS Tom's

I would 100% rock that orange.
Good lord, that orange is awesome, and also the deep blue in the middle is awesome! Even the yellowish-orange would be interesting and I'm not a yellow fan. Wow, any of those 3 colors are heads-and-shoulders above the Subaru options imo, for this car. For pickup trucks or 3-row SUV's, the Subaru colors are fine.

EDIT- Seeing the Neptune Blue again, I see they were trying for an interesting color. But in the graphic posted, it still doesn't look as good as the BMW Laguna-Seca Blue of the M3, or Ford's Grabber Blue, or even the Focus RS blue. Hopefully it's just the graphic and Subaru's blue will pop better IRL.

Last edited by wheelspeed; 09-14-2021 at 07:06 PM. Reason: More whining...
wheelspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelspeed For This Useful Post:
Pete (09-14-2021)