View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 06:09 PM   #14
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@Kubie715 The injectors should make a nice steady ticking sound, you'll get used to them. At this point I count that if I can hear them and they sound alright then that's a good thing. One side tends to sound different / louder than the other, maybe just by having different resonance on that side. No use in trying to quiet the injectors, with 8 injectors in a 4 cylinder it's just going to sound the way it does. Sometimes will make a chirp or a chooching sound during the summer.

A used up clutch throwout bearing can create plenty of resonating tapping from the transmission. They just go bad after ~30-50k miles. The new revised clutch throwout bearing is much improved. I'm on my 3rd one at 120k mile.

Gear whine can be because of the transmission or differential possibly needing a fluid change. Before I changed out the stock differential fluid when I was still ~30k my car made sounds like the millennium falcon on deceleration. Otherwise, yes this car will sometimes make gear whine. If you add in a whiteline transmission mount you'll get even more gear whine and cabin NVH! Fun!

Last edited by radroach; 02-26-2020 at 06:28 PM.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote