Old 09-28-2018, 12:40 AM   #1
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Version 2.0 My 2013 Series 10 FRS

Back when these first came out in 2012/2013 I got the very first MT off the truck from my local dealer in Tustin, CA. A Silver FRS. Loved the car and it was my first real sports car. I was 27ish at the time. I just started getting into cars after being a computer nerd my entire life(Hell its still my day job to this day). Took care of it, did some modifications, took it to a few track days. Then life happens as you gain more responsibilities in life other things that are not seen as core requirements(the FRS). I began to focus on my life, job, G/F then(now wife) plus as you move up in your professional life, you begin to get more pressure. Well a part of me did not deal with it well so I sold the car.

Over the next few years I bounced between a few different cars. Drove a 93 Alero, had a nice Focus ST MY 16 but traded that in 2 years ago when I got my wife a Ford Flex as a family hauler. I was going to take over Honda Fit. In hind sight I should have kept the Focus ST and gotten rid of the Fit(it was old and needed some work) Anyways fast forward to this year in July i was toying around the Idea of getting me a fun car again. The wife agreed just we both agreed this was gonna be it for a long time... and it needed to make sense $$$ wise(No car does but as best I could without over spending) Started looking at cheap NB Mitia's but cleans ones were hard to come by. So I took it off the list. Started looking at SV550 Mustangs with PP but as much as the power was fun and RWD... something was missing. One night my wife said just go get another twin. She said you always talk about how you regretted selling it. As I though about it the 13/14's are starting to hit that price point that was just right... but the key was finding a clean un-modded and well taken care of car. After about 2 weeks this series 10 popped up. Pictures looked good. Went down to dealership, test drove it again remember why I love these cars so much... An hour later paper work done and I left for home in my new to me FRS.

Then 4 days later some jack ass swiped my car at a costco or Winco. Super pissed... eventually I will get it fixed but its 100% cosmetic and kinda hard to notice unless up close.
Attached Images

2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's

Last edited by jflogerzi; 09-28-2018 at 01:12 AM.
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote