View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #27
TRS

Drives: 2013' Toyota 86 (EU spec)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Car is pretty much finished meanwhile. Exhaust is ready. Very acceptable loudness range. Driving smoothly through the city car is almost not noticable. Full throttle makes a good sound with a (for Germany) acceptable loudness. (at least in my book) No major issues on the first testdrives. Two little space issues with the Front axle stabilizer and the driveshaft arround the fuel tank heat shield. Also I needed to rework a connector of the fuel line. Besides that some minor Software issues. Needed to find a limiter setting which Was hindering the car to go over 100mph. Changed that. Now working to get a full emission test driving cycle together. Also the a/c fluid is still missing.

Some hard facts:

100-200kph (~60-120mph) = 8,43s

Very poor shift from 3rd to 4th. Log says more than 1s. As well the clutch learning (the LS ECU is learning the bite point somehow to hinder the driver from unwanted clutch kicks, at least it seems like that as far as I feel, still digging into the LS software topic...) So, long Story Short, below 8s should be very possible.

Weight before swap 1287kg, thereof 698kg on front axle (3/4 fuel, without driver)

Weight after swap 1349kg, thereof 777kg on front axle (1/1 fuel, without driver)

A view kg more will be added since the big brake kit is still missing.

No serious handling testing yet, but from what I was able to feel for now the car seems not to have noticable increased understeering or oversteering when rolling through a corner. Well, I changed the suspension setting a little already.

The aggressiv torque of the LS is just amazing. Cant get enough of that. Crusing with 50kph in 6th gear, no problem. Even uphills and even accelerating. Unbelivable.

No Real drifting yet, just a little 1st gear power sliding, but feels simply great so far.

TCS is handeled by the GM ECU now. Performs by far better than the OEM TCS. Traction feels great. The wide ratio axle with the wide ratio trans is great.

VSC, VSC Sport and Full Off Mode working as before. Seems that also the basic behavior didnt change compared to what it was before as far as I can judge it now.

Cruise control and push Button Start also working. Just one more huge compliment to Andrew from AGT Engineering. A great product with unbeliveable ease of Installation. I would say with my parts list and a good set of mounts and brakets and all that stuff a normal skilled mechanic could do this swap.

Love the build so far. For real, go and LS swap your 86'. Its great.

Edit: Added some of the latest pics...

Last edited by TRS; 05-31-2020 at 07:28 AM.
TRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRS For This Useful Post:
BertoFT (05-30-2020)