View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
MrAnthonyC
Antagonist

Drives: 2014 Scion Fr-S (Firestorm)(stock)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Arrow The Walking Dead

Walking Dead season 5 is here!!!

Gonna hopefully start a discussion on this new season. SPOILERS BELOW, so beware! (btw, any way to make spoilers in here using code?)

Episode 1: No Sanctuary
WOW! Man, in my opinion this episode was definitely one of the best. Lots of action, some suspenseful moments, some character backstory, and learning a lot of new information about Terminus and those people. The opening sequence with the trough was pretty brutal. The whole "Then, Now" thing was a new way to tell the story and it felt kinda weird to be honest, but I suppose all new things are received that way to some extent. What do you guys think of the episode?

Some questions I still have:
  1. Did Tyrese actually kill that guy completely or did he leave him to turn? I'm pretty sure he beat him to death, but you can never be sure unless you see a corpse, walking or not.
  2. What did that crazy guy with the face tattoos mean by "we're the same"? My initial thought was that he was saying that his group and the current Terminus group are the same, that they are both bad people. He must have gone crazy in there knowing they are eating everyone he was with.

Episode 2: Strangers
Another pretty good episode..not as crazy as the premier but that is to be expected. Contrary to most, I actually think they will have the TV version of Father Gabriel be a good person overall and that Ricks group will do something to him that they will regret. I don't think he is so much malicious in his intent as much as having done some minor things such as not allow people into his church.

I can't believe they just pushed that rack on those walkers and went on about their business...they are still just as dangerous underwater, if not more since they can't be seen! They can still bite and scratch from down there and cause infection..seems like an oversight for the writers to have them do that without showing them kill them all...i'll assume they did though somehow before they scavenged for the food.

Now..the juicy part..BOB! Wow what a way to (re)introduce the Hunters! Some say he was bitten earlier and thats why he was crying but i'm not convinced they will go that route. Can't wait to see this weeks new episode!

Questions:
  1. Why didn't Daryl question Father Gabriel about Beth if Beth was kidnapped by a vehicle with a cross on it? (was it a church cross or a medical cross though?)
  2. Why was Bob crying?
  3. Why exactly are the Hunters keeping Bob alive? It's also pretty clear that Gareth isn't just doing it for survival at this point..he seemed to revel in taunting Bob as he ate in front of him.

Episode 3: Four Walls and a Roof
I am liking this season so far...nothing has been dragged out. I'm actually surprised they had Bob go the route of the comics, with being infected and the hunters eating the meat. I'm also surprised they completed the storyline of the hunters so soon..I would have thought they would drag them out at least to the midseason finale. I'm very excited to see where they take this season now, since the only information we really have right now is that they will be heading towards DC.

I love that Rick killed Gareth with the red handled machete, just like he promised. What a brutal scene!

Last edited by MrAnthonyC; 10-27-2014 at 01:28 PM.
MrAnthonyC is offline   Reply With Quote