View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #36
Blue86

Drives: Sonic Blue 86GT Manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picked up my Sonic Blue GT yesterday!

Put a deposit on it in probably April or around then.

Bought it from Nunawading Toyota in Melbourne from a salesman named Ben Coleman. He was great! Very friendly and notified me of the progress of the car all along the way (including it's "birth" day). I paid the normal price which was fine (just happy to get the car!).

He gave me a great little run down of all the features (basic little things like turning on gear indicator on the dash etc), hooked up my phone through the bluetooth stereo etc etc before I drove off.

Overall it was a 10/10 experience and the first new car I've ever bought. A guy in my street was asking about the car yesterday and it turned out by coincidence he had bought a Kluger 4wd from the same salesman at the same dealership 2 weeks before.

I don't know how easy an experience it would be getting a car now with production limitations and all of that stuff and we have to realise that when a dealer promises we will get a car by a certain time they are only going off the best info they have at the time as to their stock allocation expectations.

The 86 is not a corolla or similar mass produced car and I think that's the issue with stock.

Either way, I'm happy and have no hesitation getting my servicing done at Nunawading after the great service I got.

I'll get some photos of my car up next week when some interesting rims get put on it

(don't worry... they won't be spinning or chrome)
Blue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue86 For This Useful Post:
sticky (07-13-2012), TheDemons (07-26-2012)