Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I see.

For the R34, I don't think either brand has an actual engine and drivetrain. The trans and bottom of the engine block are molded into the chassis part for both. I do think there's a company that makes the RB26, and I think you just cut out the engine block portion and glue the (assembled) engine in place, then cut out the hood.

From some "stock" pics that I was looking at on Hobby Search, both look good, but the Tamiya looks slightly more real to me. But then again, it could have just been who ever built the examples, cuz the R32 I'm building doesn't exactly look as good as the example pics.
Told you to practice on a cheaper kit before diving into that one.
ToldyaToldya

Your next one will be a bit better and then the next a bit better yet.

I don't do a lot of cars and even when I do they are usually the really old reboxes of AMT or Monogram kits since I do cars I had and in the condition they were in when I had them. This means no shiny paint but lots of simulated rust!
I was at a hobby shop in Toronto last week because I haven't been able to find the sanding sticks I like even on line so thought I would give them a shot. He told me that many basic items are hard to get right now because the hobby has taken off like crazy since everybody got locked down.
Kaotic Lazagna (10-27-2020), Spuds (10-27-2020)