Old 03-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #426
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink View Post
I think what happens is the piece gets off-center a bit and the metal clip catches unevenly, more on one side of the bracket it connects to than the other, and doesn't release properly. This causes it to bend which only gets it stuck further and get more messed up when you pull it out, possibly breaking parts of the plastic tab it attaches to. Seems like it's supposed to come out with the metal clip still attached to the cover, the clip only comes off the cover when one or both pieces is damaged.
Definitely agree with this.

When it's in proper shape even and you place it under the black bracket it also still has some space, making it move more than I'd personally prefer. It doesn't "lock in" until you've put the cap on, which is when the metal clip bites it with the teeth-looking edges to hold it in place.

Sort of on-topic:

I'm still researching how to get extras of the metal clip.. It's proving to be kind of difficult because at least a couple companies I've contacted or looked at require the customer to be an OEM, and others require buying a huge pack of at least 100, lol.

This is before I've even confirmed the ones I'm looking at are the proper size that matches what we need to use.

Not sure how much more I'll look into it because it's just not as easy as I'd like lol.

@Tcoat any ideas on how to get small clips like the ones we're having issues with without having to do a huge bulk order?
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote