Old 09-16-2022, 02:26 PM   #4028
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,157 Times in 1,995 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOL The military, any military is well known for hanging onto things well past their prime. Tanks are fine if you are going after a group of tribesmen armed with technicals but that is about all.
A new variant of the M4 is just progress. There will always be a need for small arms.
The F35s are exactly what I was talking about in the start of all this. They can put a missile anyplace they want from many miles away.

All in all, again, is a matter of who is using the equipment. For example, you can bring a Javelin, a 120mm, against a tank, as long as it is not against a U.S one because of its capabilities. Other quality, like, soviet, absolutely.

You can bring an F35, but make sure you do a proper PMCS, then do it again, so it doesnt "ejecto seato cuz" you.

Like I said, there are a lot of variants when it comes to warfare, relying on one type of them makes you predictable, and it gives away your position because of satcom surveillance, that's why we still make, and invest in all the other equipment, for redundancy purposes.
Spuds (09-16-2022)