Old 06-16-2021, 07:15 AM   #2
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_amhassan View Post
I had purchased a used gt86 last year and the car had plenty issues to start with which i fixed step by step until... The connecting rods got damaged.

The garage that dismantled my engine has made a huge list of items i need to buy including oil pump, water pump, pistons, conrods etc. He did confirm the damage is only done to the conrods but asked me to replace most of the internals.

Could anyone advise what parts to look at, aftermarket or OEM or even mention parts that I can reuse because I have never had to rebuild an engine and I'm trying to save as much as I can.

Thanks
Replacing most of everything is pretty standard. The labor is so expensive, you don't want to have someone do it twice. Which makes the few hundred for the extra parts a good investment. I would personally use aftermarket so the motor is stronger, then you can boost it later without risking another rebuild. But I definitely understand saving money too. At the very barest minimum you have to replace your seals and bearings. It's really up to you how much you can spend. You should be talking this over with the shop to see what it will cost to do it cheap and the associated risks. Since they will know better how far they can go at your price point

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote