View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #126
oddrelic

Drives: 2020 86 Hakone
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2nd Audio Update!

Yesterday I spent some drive time with the test harness. Short answer, this is how it should have been from the factory. This will make our stock 2020 HU a worth while option and from my opinion only need to upgrade the HU if you want wireless Android auto or CarPlay. completely happy with the level of audio performance I am now getting.

Audio tested was NPR Talk radio in the am, just more enjoyable to listen to. fuller sound all over. In the PM i ran through my Pandora mix and just tired to jump all over the place. 90s rap was so much better, rock, alternative and grunge you could feel the bass on your legs and Techno from my kids Marshmello albums gave me goose bumps it was so much better.....

Wiring Update.

I started to look into finding a wire to power the amp from the back side of the headunit. I was asked to try the wire attached to the antenna. The wire has no power with the car off. After going to accessory on the key it had 12v and 13.1 with car running.

FM AM kept 13v, Bluetooth audio and USB drive audio kept 13v, Android Auto kept 13v.

After car was shut off, 12.5v was available for about 7 sec. I'm sure this is just due to slow power drain as the head unit shuts down. Once a load is placed on the wire it will drain faster.

So long story short. It seems to be hot with key on and not with key off in every mode.

stay tuned for future updates

Last edited by oddrelic; 06-18-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling
oddrelic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oddrelic For This Useful Post:
86-75309 (06-18-2021)