Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddrelic View Post
Wiring Test Results

Voltage at amp Blue wire with meter connected to amp chassis

Car on HU on = 0v
Car on HU off = 0v

Voltage with Meter RED lead to +12v line and Black lead to Test Harness Blue wire.

Car on HU on = 12v +
Car on HU off = 12v +
Car off = 12v +

Okay, so the head unit is sending out a negative on that pin. This explains why @trueno86power blew his fuse when he tried to connect +12 volts to the wire while it was still connected to the head unit.

What you can do, is either de-pin or cut the wire that I have indicated in the ten-pin connector in the picture here,

Name:  IMG_20210618_092511435~2.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  224.7 KB

and then splice that wire on the vehicle side into the antenna turn-on wire as indicated in this picture here,

Name:  IMG_20210618_092812469~2.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  182.4 KB

A T-tap should work okay on that wire, or if you want to make it a permanent modification, you can solder and heat shrink.

If you don't want to cut the wires, there are Metra harnesses available that can be connected together to form another extension harness just like I have made for the amp, but you will need one for the ten-pin connector, and one for the antenna connector. I can even fabricate some for @Tcoat if he wants.

Insulate everything up, remove the extension test harnesses from between the amplifier and the vehicle amplifier harnesses, plug the vehicle harnesses back into the amp and test it out.

Listen for turn-on and turn-off pops as you turn the head unit on and off and as you turn the car off while the head unit is on.

Let us know how it goes.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote