Old 12-26-2022, 06:16 PM   #12
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavefat View Post
In all honestly this is the goal with the 86. I want to get to the point where I am comfortable with counter steering if necessary and holding slides (maybe on purpose as well). I forgot to mention that I do have Whiteline subframe inserts and diff inserts installed and os giken (which I ordered from you !) ready to be installed because I want to make the rear as predictable as possible. I know some people can naturally rotate/over rotate in stock form lol.

On the focus st, the car rotated beautifully with lift over oversteer and I just controlled the slide with the gas. The over rotation was a bit violent on the wrx (maybe due to the awd). On the mustang, it was honestly pretty gradual when over rotation happened as long as I was careful with the throttle but I wouldn’t say I ever got “comfortable” with the over rotation.

Not sure if this helps. I wouldn’t want a twitchy rear but a willing(?) rear for autox/track application. I autoxed with the 86 and the front end pushed in technical section and when the rear did come around, it felt snappy. I don’t think I would want to add more bar (maybe even get a smaller rear bar like most STX specced 86s)
Assuming you're not trying to build to a class, and want to learn car control rather than "go fast", get front lower control arms, one set of camber bolts, and go heavy on front camber. Keep the rear camber lower with RLCAs, and do 0 toe front and a touch of toe-in rear.

This will set you up for learning, and ultimately more driver mod, rather than an AutoX setup that is only good for AutoX and nothing else.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (12-27-2022)