View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 10:47 AM   #1
BRZ_HaVoKx

Drives: Satin Pearl White BRZ - Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Q/A: FI FLEX FUEL TUNING

So, TUNING FLEX FUEL. Been reading up alot and learning but I have a question that I havent found an answer to and I might just be missing it or simply overthinking it. The flex fuel mapping does all of its ignition, fueling, boost control, etc. on the fly by means of the ECA, yada yada.

So my question... for those of us running OFT closed loop boost control, I guess ebc could be a question too but that can be adjusted easily, how exactly is it that when the eca analyzes the content and adjusts your map to the safest boost limit for that content, how does your wastegate also adjust to that limit as well? I mean with a normal tune you adjust your preload to get to your target psi that you have in your tune to match boost, fueling, timing and not make engine go boom.

But with flex fueling you can have varying boost limits that adjust all those variables on the fly and if your preload is adjusted (say 10psi) and your eca adjusts map values to 8psi max for lower ethanol content your closed loop boost is still set to reach 10psi while your ecu is only delivering fuel and timing variables for 8psi this is not safe. Same goes for content over 10 psi then youll run rich as well as losing potential performance.

I apologize if these questions are stupid and dont make sense to you or is some simple dumb answer im overlooking but im fairly new to it and trying to learn it before 1. Shiv finishes his flex kit for OFT and 2. I install it. Thanks in advance guys!
BRZ_HaVoKx is offline   Reply With Quote