View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 10:45 PM   #82
falcon_wizard

Drives: BRZ 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
So useless rear seats that many people delete there so useless.

A bigger trunk but it’s not big enough to do anything special with compared to the Mx-5s, mx-5 is smaller but isn’t too small to not be usable. In my 86 I never even used the trunk once. Groceries always on passenger seat.

Interior storage is slightly more practical on the brz
But the mx-5 has a center rear locking glove box, and a storage cubby behind each seat, also enough space behind each seat to store a laptop bag / man bag.

Not a lot more the brz can do from a practical storage standpoint vs the mx-5 if you really break it down. On paper it is but in practice not as much.

Plus the mx-5 physically being smaller makes it easier to fit in tight parking spots, not worry as much about door dings having more space between vehicles, maneuvering around tight turns and roads. In that regard it’s more practical.
Fwiw, with rear seat folded down in the BRZ, you can pack a surprisingly large amount of gear. I’ve gone skiing with long skis and large backpacks, camping road trip for a full week for two with all the food and gear, and hauled up to 9 feet long poles inside the car, and some pretty large boxes/crates too.
falcon_wizard is offline   Reply With Quote