Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The thing is that the other models may have been just adequate but they at least worked as a complete system. The 2020 one just tosses half that system away and is far below what I would deem "adequate".
The unit in my 2014 was a top line, high fidelity, audiophile dream system compared to the 2020. All I want is to be able to hear my phone calls and not have music that sounds like it is playing on a Fisher Price AM radio so I don't feel my standards are unrealistic.

Oh i hear you.
The audio in the 2020 HU was so much more tinnier than the Pioneer system in my Scion im (im assuming it sounds the same in the older 86/frs that uses the same HU)

I did find that a 320 kpbs quality mp3 helped alot vs the typical 128kpbs quality mp3. I was actually getting good bass vs little to no bass with my other mp3's. Of course i was playing electronic/trance music so i dunno if that just has inherently more bass due to the music genre (and i ripped them from CD's vs downloading the other MP3's off youtube).

Bluetooth phone worked..i did have to crank the sound and it did sound like the person was talking in the bathroom.
Carplay works...its a bit laggy but i barely use it anyways (i only tried it the one time just to test it)
I just accepted it because the audio was not a part of my buying decision. I just figured if the HU sucked i could just swap it out for a better one if and when i decide to do it.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote