Old 05-27-2019, 06:31 PM   #30
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltown View Post
OEM oil cooler? i didnt know stock 86 had that? do you know what your temps are at? both ECT and IAT? and what did you notice with gas mileage?
It doesn’t. You can use the oem forester xt oil cooler though. People just refer to it has oem oil cooler.

Not sure where ECU pulls IAT temp from but with my WMI it’s at or below ambient. Before WMI it would get kind of hot after a while.

Highest oil temp I’ve seen is 219 with coolant at 204, this was on a 80+ degree day. And right after fully warming car up to 208 oil and 195 coolant and then doing 6 back to back 20-80mph pulls. Pretty much hitting 80 braking to 20 and doing it again. Was testing the cooler and wmi capabilities. Only took a few mins of casual cruising to drop back down to normal operating temps. And IAT was at or below ambient as soon as my WMI sprays. Never felt heatsoaked. I would still prefer a real oil cooler if I was tracking. But OEM has been good enough so far.

My gas mileage has always been horrible even NA. The more I mod and more power I get the more fun it is to drive fast and WOT and avg mpg goes down. Stock I was avg 28, after full bolt ons I was at 23, and now I’m at 19. If i tried I could get 25+ mpg. FI doesn’t hurt gas mileage much. Besides the fact you’ll want to do pulls way more often. Centrifugal sc would probably get slightly better gas mileage. Maybe 25 vs 26-27. Not much.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
ltown (05-27-2019)