View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #84
Rick@Vortech

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYVER116 View Post
How's everyone's install's going? I'm tackling mine today.
The absolute easiest way to do it is to pull the front bumper off & follow the instructions for installing this tube in the original manual (Also gives you more working space). I did another one yesterday through just the fender well & it was pretty tricky. Here are some quick "off the top of my head" instructions if you wish to leave the bumper on:

1. Jack up the drivers side of the car & secure it with a jack stand.
2. Remove drivers side wheel.
3. Remove the clips & screw securing the fender liner to the bumper & body.
4. Remove the Vortech airbox.
5. Remove the air box support that the drivers side of the box bolts to (We included this with the kit)
6. Using an 8mm socket & wrench, reach up under the bumper & loosen the upper hose clamp securing tube A & B together. (NOTE: This can get tricky if you don't have the hose clamp worm gear facing in a direction that's accessible. The windshield washer reservoir can also become an obstacle)
7. Disconnect the vacuum hose from the top of the plastic bypass valve.
8. Remove the plastic bypass valve & 1" hose from the bung on the factory tube.
9. Loosen the hose clamp securing Tube A to the supercharger.
10. Remove the old tube from the vehicle, making sure not to scratch anything up.
11. Install the new Tube A to the vehicle & slide it into the silicone couplers, but DO NOT tighten the hose clamps at this time.
12. Locate the vacuum line previously removed from the plastic BOV & install it onto the new BOV. (The hose is a pretty snug fit, but it fits. Suggest coating the nipple with a small amount of oil)
13. Position the bypass valve on the tube & install. Be sure to use the supplied gasket & allen-head screws (Using a small, stubby allen key makes this much easier).
14. Once installed, make sure the vacuum line is free & clear of any obstructions.
15. Secure all of the hose clamps & reinstall everything previously removed.

I took pictures yesterday during the install, but I left my camera at home. I'll see if I can post them later tonight once I'm home.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask!
Rick@Vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rick@Vortech For This Useful Post:
Brian@Vortech (10-02-2013), ft86me (10-02-2013), GUYVER116 (10-03-2013)