Old 12-30-2022, 04:36 PM   #30
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PDM TSK1, Verus fork and pivot.

The PDM TSK 1 is a stainless steel sleeve that slides over the transmission snout that the TOB slides on. It is theoretically a harder material than the snout itself, so it should not wear down and create channels over time. It comes with it's own bearing that fits over the sleeve. Soundman showed me this great thread, so I won't go into too much detail myself: https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135955.

Only picture I have of mine installed because I forgot to take pictures...

I also bought a Verus fork and pivot that there are a million reviews of.

My story:
So I got my transmission out, pulled out the bearing and fork, then went to mate up the new fork with the TSK1, and the clip on the TSK1 is incompatible with the Verus fork because it is solid, as opposed to the open OEM design.

Note: the TOB clip in the image below needs to be on the other side of the little tab (at bottom of TOB) to be installed properly. Mine had gotten to the wrong side somehow and I didn't notice until after I took the pics.

After a bit of research and some timely posts from other members, I came to the conclusion that the tsk1 with the OEM fork is the better/safer/more durable option if you have the OEM clutch, so I installed that because I did not change my clutch. If I were also installing an aftermarket clutch with more clamping force, I would have chosen to also install a new snout with the Verus fork and pivot.

As for the pivots, I also reinstalled the OEM pivot. The Verus one had a slightly different shape (thicker shoulder on the ball) and did not want to discover any further issues after install. This could just be due to wear on the oem pivot.

I'm holding on to the Verus pieces for now in case I decide to upgrade the clutch/flywheel in the future. If I were to go back and do this exact process over again, I'd order a new oem fork and pivot to use with the stock clutch.

Last edited by Spuds; 12-30-2022 at 07:09 PM.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (12-30-2022), Ultramaroon (12-30-2022)