Old 03-03-2017, 02:50 AM   #40
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
@N1rve just pulled a Perrin exhaust off his car (check the thread "what I did to my FR-S today") (post #15862).

Maybe he would sell it to you .....??

You might ask him how loud is too loud.

humfrz
LOL I traded exhausts with someone in socal so I'll need to surrender the perrin.

But going back to the perrin, I had a 3 inch resonated. People said it sounded like the 2.5 unresonated without the rasp; it sounded great... between 4000-7000 RPM. Between 1000-2.5k it droned and made the car resonate with it (increased rattles). Since I don't drive my car like I stole it everytime, it sounded like ass (to me).

I could not have a conversation in the car with it as the drone from 1000-2.5k rpm was annoying and I was practically using my outside voice instead of my inside voice. I just installed the q300...it's practically the stock exhaust with rolled 4 inch tips. I wouldn't get the Q300 if you like loud exhausts or a significant volume change (change, not increase).

I thought it would be cool to have a loud exhaust, but I could not talk to people in the car, my coworkers would complain my car is too loud, and it would give me a headache sometimes. But that's just me.

I would highly visit a meet and listen to the exhaust hoe you would normally drive with load. Don't listen to YouTube videos or a parked reving car. You want real world scenario sound.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N1rve For This Useful Post:
Teseo (03-03-2017)