Old 11-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #90
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_GA_FRS View Post
Turbo at 348/275. Clutch packs have been installed about 2 years and 30 track days. I don't believe the slippage has anything to do with power. I was at VIR for a weekend and it was the hottest weekend of the year there. Despite having a massive trans cooler and ducting, I ended up overheating the trans. I cooled it down and continued to run the remainder of the day without issue. A few weeks later I did Road Atlanta without issue. Last weekend at Atlanta Motorsports park it started slipping in 3rd gear. Starts slipping as soon as the turbo is completely spooled up (~3500rpm). Reverse is also slipping, and begins slipping with very little input. The inner workings of the auto trans are witchcraft to me but there has to be a systemic reason for reverse slipping; the first time the clutch packs were replaced was for 4th gear but the car would shudder in reverse until it began moving. I'm done with track days for the year, so clutch packs and torque converter will be replaced this winter. I think I'll spend some time with my trans guy during the rebuild to ask questions.
Got any vids or can you get any of RPM, would love to see 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 shifts and how fast it shifts and if the VB and TC let it hook up and lock quicker to keep RPM higher in between shifts?
Also would love to see a video of a an idle flash stall launch. Basically just mash the pedal from a full stop at idle. And brake stall if you can/want.

Not concerned with actual acceleration numbers. Just how the VB and TC act when shifting and how the TC acts from a dig off idle.

I’ve read a lot about how this all should work in theory, but being able to see specifically applied would be ideal.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote