View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #17
sygfrid
FT8Syg

Drives: `12 FRS & `17 BRZ Inazuma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
After installing the JDM underpanel aero covers, I highly suggest to complete the flattening of the underbelly with Verus Transmission Tunnel Cover, Suspension/Differential Covers, and Rear Diffuser. These will highly reduce the underbody drag esp in the transmission & bumper, create downforce, & increase stability at high speeds even on the highway. I noticed that it's so much easier for me to accelerate from 80-150kph with them on. Not only will they reduce road noise, they'll also protect the underbody parts especially from debris. I noticed that it muffled my (TRD) exhaust note a bit too, which I welcome, perhaps it's because the transmission cover has direct contact with the midpipe & absorbs some of the exhaust's vibrational frequencies. However, I noticed that the midpipe & the transmission cover have developed a rattling at 2k-2.3k rpms perhaps from the screws loosening a bit. That's why my next project is to wrap the midpipe with a DEI heat shield that will act both as noise dampener & heat manager as well. We'll be wrapping the resonator too so, hopefully, more sound will be dampened & a more whole note will be made by the exhaust.

Whether you, guys, have covered the underbelly or not, if you have a pressure washer, I highly suggest to buy the underbody washer attachment to rinse off mud & snow salts too.
Modding for daily fun & efficiency: Gruppe-S UEL, HKS dual res. FP, STi Per. Muffler, Delicious T. Ecutek tune, Crawford BPB, Grimmspeed CAI, STi Flex T. Bar, TRD Door Stabilizer, DSS aluminum propeller shaft, Verus diffuser & underbody covers, Verus LCA, Perrin bushings, Bilstein B6+RCE Yellows, Michelin PS4S + 18" WedsSport TC105X-summer, Michelin Alpin PA4 +18" Motegi MR140-winter
sygfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sygfrid For This Useful Post:
FLYFISHR (12-04-2020), norcalpb (12-08-2020)