View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 04:03 PM   #8
deca

Drives: Halo 860
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a great experience with the Continental ExtremeContact Sport. Ran them at an autocross and two track days last summer with pretty aggressive driving and less than ideal camber, they held up great and could still run another track day or two probably. This was with daily use spring-fall as well.

This year I've added camber plates and my alignment is a lot better, running Hankook RS4s now. I actually had them keep the Contis for me to take back after they mounted the RS4s because of the amount of life left in them.

The added camber made a noticeable difference even before I mounted the new tires, I think you would be more than happy with the ECS for daily and track use with good longevity. They'll perform dramatically better than the Primacies but they aren't going to have so much grip that you need to worry about developing bad habits or anything like that.

The Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s should be somewhat comparable for a little cheaper, but I have no first hand experience with them on an 86.
deca is offline   Reply With Quote