strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
just dont tell them about it. if you arent competitive who cars. plus racing is about cheating and not getting caught. literally no one will catch you if you dont open your mouth
Eh, depends on the competitors and how serious they are, no reason to 'play dirty' and make enemies when you're starting out, even if someone that sensitive is probably not the coolest person to make friends with. Get a feel for the local group before doing this and bending the rules. Ethanol isn't exactly hard to notice.

That being said I agree, e85+tune won't mean shit without proper tires, hell it'll struggle to be on pace with DS so I'd personally have no problem with his car in my STX class as it sits. Once it gets suspension, wheels and tires then I'd be annoyed by e85, it can be a significant power advantage in these cars.

Agreed with @M0nk3y retune for 93 octane and start building for STX, learn on street tires, so much cheaper, and it sounds like you'll have good benchmarks nearby to measure your progress. If you're really hungering for the power and more speed the limited prep street prepared rules that just came out sound like a perfect fit, all the mods for STX would carry over into LPSP and you can hop back on the corn juice.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote