Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,451 Times in 6,158 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
What I'm suggesting is the "risk" is not nearly as high as some people would like the population to believe. The amount of fear mongering in relation to this virus is completely off the charts when you review all the data available. I guess for some people it's easy to pat themselves on the back and pretend that all of these mandates and restrictions are absolutely necessary, but in reality that's not the case.

This is apparent when people like Gavin Newsom decide to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a dinner indoors with people not wearing masks and not a part of his family while working class citizens are struggling just to survive.

To be honest I'm astounded that people can be so in favor of these restrictions when places like California are currently having their highest spikes in both cases and deaths despite having some of the strictest mandates in the country.

But hey, if you agree with limiting free speech, making vaccines mandatory for everyone, and giving the government the ultimate say in what's allowed and not allowed on even the smallest level then you are free to that opinion just like I'm free to my own (for now)
You are making a few associations that are outside the subject of discussion.

Sure people are hypocrites, a virus doesn't change that. Are you saying that one individual really knows what he is doing so you will always follow his lead? Somehow it seems that you really feel the opposite. If you are using him as an example of an asshole, then his action would be wrong, as in not something you would want to be associated with doing.

My understanding of California's problem is that many people just aren't listening to the the regulations. Which seems to be precisely what you are advocating for.

Nobody is limiting your right to free speech because of this vaccine or virus. Actions or inactions have consequences and speech invites argument.

I again propose that we could settle this with better contact tracing and bringing manslaughter charges against those not taking certain precautions who have a certain likelihood of infecting somebody who has later died of covid-19.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
86MLR (01-13-2021), humfrz (01-13-2021), Irace86.2.0 (01-13-2021), Kaotic Lazagna (01-13-2021), soundman98 (01-13-2021), spike021 (01-13-2021), Ultramaroon (01-13-2021)