View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
rubbercow

Drives: 2022 GR86 (formerly 2014 BRZ)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Paint/Body shops, especially touch-up (airbrush), in Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)

I'm here to dredge up an oft discussed topic. DFW paint and body, but with a twist! Or, maybe not so twisty, sorta, or something.

One of my cars is a diamond grey metallic 2008 Scion TC. While in relatively mint condition for a vehicle I've owned for nearly nine years, it needs some paint and dent love. Mostly the "f**k your cheap car" scratches and dents variety from parking lots.

Does anyone in our glorious sprawling megalopolis offer minor dent and paint matched airbrush work on metallic paint anymore? I do not want to repaint the whole car as 90% of it is fine. My searches on here and other forums haven't unearthed one.

Secondarily, below is a list of all the body shops recommended locally on this forum in the past two years. Does anyone suggest one of them for such work?

Thanks, y'all.

2016:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd87t View Post
Trade Secret Auto in Plano. It's right behind a Merc dealer (close to Subaru of Plano) and all the dealers right there use them. <snip> They did a great job and even did a good job color matching WRB. http://tradesecretauto.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by evigil View Post
<snip>If you need any work done I highly suggest Clark Brothers, I saw some of the past builds on chevy trucks and they know what they are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleong View Post
I highly recommend the shop that did my custom wide body. They're located in Arlington, TX Killer Hot Rods 1201 W Sturgeon Court Suite 101 Arlington, TX 76001. They're REALLY detailed and they do absolutely amazing work. <snip> Their work is VERY detailed. <snip> They can also do custom paint like mine below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramick View Post
This place. Super clean and will actually fight insurance for damage estimations, if needed. http://detailsltd.com/

2015:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramster View Post
I went to Caliber Collisions in Plano when I got rear ended last year. They did an awesome job. The manager called me every day to give me a status on the bumper fixes. No issues with the fixes and the color matched perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Master Europa. The fixed my car when a lady ran into me. Exceptional work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
Tran's Auto Body in Arlington. I've been going there for close to 10 years, and I refer all of my friends and family there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malubawla View Post
magic touch in lewisville, talk to brody or chuck. great work, good prices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleong View Post
Complete Auto Body LLC is the only shop I would trust to paint anything on my car.. They have two locations
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr View Post
I can't recommend Steve's Automotive Refinish enough. 10027 Harmon Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76177 (817) 380-3210 Tell him Rob from ATS (or with the black FRS) sent you
rubbercow is offline   Reply With Quote