Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Like you said, "when driven close to a supra, actual position, visibility, experience.... will be quite similar." I was thinking side-by-side, size comparison in terms of height, length, hood-height and seating height from the ground. If you aren't saying those things then it is a little confusing as stated.

I don't think it is sad. I think it is how far pony cars have come like you said. The new Mustang GT has a similar type of system to the D4S, it has huge amounts of power, it has IRS now, and it and the Camaro are doing great at the tract (a track with curves). The GT350 has some amazing features with that NA engine. The Camaro ZL1 1LE is killing it at the track. These won't be direct competitors due to differences in curb weight, engine displacement, overall handling, etc. Maybe a Cayman or something will be a direct competitor. But the pony cars are definitely sports cars in the same price range, so they will be general competitors for buyers who are shopping broadly in that category.
No it's not. Why would size come in to that highlighted statement. Stepping from one car to the other, or driving them closely together (within days or hours) I'm saying the overall experience will be surprisingly similar. That is my belief just based on what's been doled out about the supra and what is proven about the current pony car offerings.

A four cylinder Camaro 1le is likely to be a direct performance competitor to the 4 cylinder supra.
The Following User Says Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-09-2019)