stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
-I'm using a Scangauge2.
-I live one block from Costco and use their premium gas. Perhaps they had a bad batch as it started after I filled it up, or perhaps it's coincidence. I did check the receipt just to make sure they put premium in it as I thought perhaps they put in regular instead.
-My battery is maybe a couple years old at most as I got it just over a year ago. It's a Shorai 3lb Battery LFX36L3-BS-12. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and plugged the trickle charger into it, but when I got home the trickle must have stopped at it had no charge. I used it to charge the battery and everything was fine after that. That was the week prior to filling up the gas and starting to see the issue.
-I have a voltmeter but don't really know how to use it. I'm assuming I could use that to check the battery and alternator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayJesus View Post
Don't waste your money on MAF cleaners unless you leave in an exotically screwed up environment. They all heat up super hot when you start your car to burn off any contaminants, you're likely doing more damage cleaning it than just leaving it alone.

Of the top of my head without looking it up have you been using Torque and a Bluetooth ELM module or a legit scan tool?

Also as a side note, I thought my local Costco sold awesome fresh top-tier 92 octane gas. I started having similar rough idle and hesitation issues with only 26k miles/headers/tune.

After 2 tanks of Shell my car had new life breathed into it. It's likely something internal could have been gunked up, possibly the O2 sensor. Check your fluids, try a GOOD and proven gasoline like chevron or shell 92+ and have your battery checked too.
At that age you may have just deep cycled it one too many times.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote