Old 08-23-2018, 04:01 AM   #10
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
If you can swing the OFT tablet its nice for logging as its a compact device, powered via the car. Shiv and his company are very busy so unless you buy an e-tune or request a one time quick look at your logs for new OFT customers I am not sure what other "support" he needs to provide. Hence open source.

I would suggest OFT + an e-tune from the like of @steve99 @Tor or @Wayno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scala View Post
Thank you steve99, very good of you.

This tS will see mostly track days, very little DD and my expectation from the engine is mostly in the improvement of the mid-range.

My own contribution to the project is a catted UEL header, 93 RON and a very elementary plug and play method of tuning. I could always run without the tune but I'd be foregoing the benefit of the high octane while I'd be taking risks with the AFRs.

This is the reason of my interest in the OFT but I fear that, without support from OFT, going beyond simple icon selections will be well beyond my non-existent skills.

Again, many thanks.

What @jflogerzi said is true, OFT is a super useful easy plug and play tuning tool that is well worth you purchasing. It's not worth getting header without a tune in my book, you're still going to get a CEL and really blowing your money away. You can easily use OFT to datalog and get the OFT guys to dial in your tune and you can details about etuning on their site, or pay @steve99 @Wayno or @Tor over paypal to do something similiar there the best guys on this forum for that stuff.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote