I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
Well, the gauges that I have in my other car just run full brightness, until the dimmer wire gets juice. I have it piped into my radio harness to handle that....

I guess it depends on the gauge, what do the installation instructions say?
Look at page 3 here: http://www.aemelectronics.com/Images...%2030-4900.pdf

I guess it does work like you say, they run full brightness until the instrument panel cable gets juice. So then, what is the cable for radio dimmer? Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Mine just illuminate with the illum feed, no dimming. Damn expensive Defi's can't do that unless you go to the newer Advance BF ones.

I pull my feed off the foglight fuse so I can turn off the annoying gauge illumination at night The warning light is enough in case there's an issue.

For the fuse, run whatever the load should be. I doubt the gauge really pulls that much. Since mine is control unit based I just needed one feed. In the race car I have them all fed off one power wire with a 5A fuse for 3 autometer gauges. Illumination is pulled off the radio illumination wire.

I honestly don't know exactly if they Dimm or not, I guess I'll figure it out when I install them. Waiting for the Prime Motoring Cluster. Thanks for the help.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
Iceblazer (08-16-2013)