Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #26
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VacantSky View Post
Lol, yeah diving test in England is no joke. Just before I got my license 10 years ago the government was about to pass a bill stating that driving economically was going to be included in the test (99% of the population learn on a manual, if you learn on an auto that is all you are allowed to drive, it's printed on the license!) so shift points and revs were to be monitored by the instructor. That was 10 years ago, I wouldn't even want to imagine it now!
I drove with no license from age 14 to 17 (it was the early 70s and a pain for the cops to even determine who you were much less if you had a valid license) and then on a military license from 17 to 18.
When I was finally back in Ontario long enough to warrant a provincial license I went in wrote the exam and got my appointment for my driving test.
Showed up for the test in a beat up looking but mechanical wild 70 Coronet R/T.
Instructor comes out looks at the car and gets a really pissed look on their face.
They climb in and start in on me on how it is not and appropriate car, what do I think I am doing, etc..
then they notice the Supply and Transport Company base pass sticker on my windshield and things changed dramatically.
Turns out he were an Army driver back in the Korean war.
We sit and shoot the shit for about a 1/2 hour about the changes since he had been in and got a good laugh out of the fact I was still driving the same trucks he had 20 years earlier.
He then says we better do the test and tells me to back out of the spot.
I backed out.
He says pull back in.
I pull back in.
He hands me the sheet says we are all done.
I got perfect!

But... more on topic! I have been pulled over 3 times in the FRS and with all of them the first words from the cop were "is this your car?". All just wanted to know more about the car.
DAEMANO (11-17-2014), Ultramaroon (11-05-2014), VacantSky (11-05-2014)