Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Try the s2k with the airbox cover off.

Acceleration in the s2k is worse than the 86 or ND, except when you're in VTEC. In VTEC, acceleration is on par with a header/e85 brz.
Oh actually this particular car had the resonator cut off and the cover trimmed, so it should've been a little bit more induction noise than stock. It was pretty quiet, though I liked how it sounded.

All 3 cars have a similar gear reduction ratio in 1st gear, so I guess you're right since the FA20 has a slight advantage in torque. The extra rpm the S2k has on tap and its smoother sound does help though, as it makes me more willing to use the higher revs. Also, the flywheel on the S2k is lighter which closes some of the gap in 1st gear.

I found it more satisfying than my tuned FR-S, but not enough of an improvement. The ND1 being 500lbs lighter and having smaller diameter tires feels very quick until it runs out of steam at 6000rpm.

Honestly, I do like the car and find it very fun, but it's not 18k-for-a-high-mileage-car-fun, because a Lotus Elise is within reach.

Last edited by serialk11r; 10-19-2020 at 09:29 PM.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (10-21-2020)