View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 12:54 AM   #108
sobrz

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstripe77 View Post
Nice @sobrz! I just spent like an hour on Google looking for something like this (a longer board strapped to a roof rack), didn't realize this post was here the whole time. I'm still a little hesitant to stick a rack on the car though.

Did you have any issues with this setup with the front of the board catching the wind or anything? Do you think it would hold with an even longer board or a SUP?

No issues, surprisingly little noise, too... up to 75 mph. North of 75 mph the the board starts flexing a bit (airflow creates enough force to flex the soft board pads), this visible flexing successfully discourages me from pushing it further to "normal highway speeds".

I'd be very comfortable putting a longer+thicker board or sup on it. My favorite longboard (pictured) is very thin, I'm only worried about the wind breaking the nose at front strapping point and stabbing someone behind me.

The rack itself is super solid. Also, I'm amazed by how easy it is to put it on or off. I have an 2011 Outback with roof rack that folds into the roof rails and I always show off how easy it is to "put it on". This rack is almost just as fast to put on, it really just takes "4 clicks".

10/10 would buy again.

Last edited by sobrz; 05-25-2016 at 01:07 AM.
sobrz is offline   Reply With Quote