Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL BRZ View Post
meh

UEL makes great power N/A with E85

UEL sounds amazing and performs flawlessly on track/race cars including my own,

No doubt the ACE 4-2-1 EL will outperform everything, but the majority of EL headers are on par with the quality UELs based on the dynos I've observed.

Coil packs fail on both types of headers including stock. It's irrelevant. The coils cant take the heat and perform at high rpms for a long time. It's a well documented issue.
Oh I agree with you, it does do a better job filling the torque dip on NA car but it doesn't look like the ideal solution for NA Boxer engines (even many boosted ones) , like you said it's well documented.. I would suggest you to go read NASIOC and IWSTI forums regarding the headers... I owned two STIs and about 5-6 Subaru cars so I am not new to the topic

I believe Porsche and Subaru/Toyota has their own reasons to pick EL over the UEL , and I trust their judgment more than the "Billy's header shop" in Texas

Haven't you already gone through a few coil packs yourself? Have you ever considered EL as an option since with the FI torque dip is not an issue and EL header yields more gains
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote