View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #5563
kowalski

Drives: 2016 brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
I am still using the stiffest spring (yellow) in the recirculation valve.

- With the stiff spring, recirculation valve closes earlier at lower vacuum level when I want to accelerate. This boosts the engine at lower rpm, gives better throttle response, and noticeably higher power at lower rpm.
- Recirculation valve opens later (at higher vacuum) when I release throttle in deceleration. I feel that the compressor is making less noise on sudden release of throttle. Take this with a grain of salt since this is my interpretation: I think the surge is less on the compressor during deceleration and compressor is happier.

I went back to softer spring for a day to make sure this is not all placebo. Nope, I have installed the stiffest spring back and I am definitely not making all these up.

Interesting. Today I switched the stock diverter valve jr supplies for the rxk with the softest spring (red one). Once I removed the stock valve, I could tell the jr one seems stiffer than the rkx with the red spring. Prehaps this is why it feels better with a stiffer spring. In any case, I let the red spring in and I will start rolling around and see how it feels. At idle everything seemed ok. Perhaps a little more whoosing sound so as to the valve recirculating more air than the stock one. But it might be just that I am now putting attention into it. Will see. I also noticed the air filter was busted; so I changed it for an AEM replacement (exactly the same dimensions and materials than K&N just cheaper). So It might also be a good idea to check the bottom side of your air filter, just in case it is rubbing bad with something (as it appeared to be the case here.) I attach some photos just in case they might help.

Best.

kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote