View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 02:24 AM   #526
stilesg57

Drives: Shopping Mustang GTs and BRZs/86s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
Oh I know about engines breaking in with usage. After 10-15 track days, my stock 2013 FR-S with a catback made 176 whp on a dynojet where most stock FA20's were making 165. Another track junky I knew, his stock FA20 made 178 whp. But you know what didn't change on either of our dyno charts? The general shape of the torque curve.
Fair. I’ve seen similar (albeit on different motors).

Quote:
Also in your explanation, why does the 2022 car make more power with usage but the 2020 car doesn't?
It’s possible they both make more power; the dyno reads a little low compared to the Japanese clips we’ve seen and the ‘22 actually makes a boat load more power

Quote:
We could speculate all day but I think it's better to just wait for more 2022 dynos to crop up before jumping to conclusions, preferably from shops whose dynos we're more familiar with (and with actual production cars).
Totally agree. Most dynos from Japan are showing low-mid 190s for whp, and a gloriously annoying tq dip as well. For now, this one is the comparative outlier. It’s USDM, but pre-pro, and def run more miles and been beat on harder than the JDM cars going straight from showroom to dyno. So lots of variables here. We’re gonna need more info.

Quote:
FWIW before anyone calls me biased, I'm already planning to trade up to a GR86 so I'd love to be able to expect a 47 whp increase. But that seems unlikely and I'm not willing to declare that a fact just yet, at least not based on a single dyno.
Me too. I’m still planning FI within a year if I get a new BRZ. I am close to pulling the trigger and placing an order though, and at least experiences like Mr. Goose’s make me feel better
stilesg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stilesg57 For This Useful Post:
DarkSunrise (09-21-2021)