Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCoat
Business plans. Plain and simple. They did not wake up yesterday morning, last month or even last year and say "Hmmmm let's get rid of Scion". Parts contracts alone would cost them many millions to break or change. These things have to go through so many committees and levels it would make your head spin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
Yep, takes months/years just to change something as benign as a sunvisor or the oem windshield wipers
Normally, I agree, but you have to wonder, given they are not discontinuing the cars but basically slapping an already existing logo on them on a production line that already uses the logo, if it couldn't have been a relatively "snap" decision? Yes, you eat a little bit of costs for the change but not as much as dropping an entire product from production. The tC was already being phased out (as it said in the release) so really not much is changing here.

The cars are still built (with a logo change) in the same factory, shipped to the same locations, and sold by the same people. Very minimal change.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is online now   Reply With Quote