View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #32
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
90% sure I'm trashing this bodykit. I will just make a lip and use the grille on a brand new OEM bumper. The fit is that bad... nevermind trying to make the openings not look ghetto.

Oil cooler is finished. Basiclly a FBM setup with a Setrab 19row core and Mishimoto sandwhich plate, and their banjo bolts. So far pretty happy. Warms up nicely and runs around 15-20* cooler for the daily drive!

Did the idler test. Did ok but it scared the shit out of me. Basically close hood, w/ no airflow and let the car idle for 1-1.5 HOURS in sunny 86F weather. Did so and logged the data. At then end of the test max oil temp was 204F and holding strong. Keep in mind this is with a turbo cooking everything. Imediatly hopped in it and turned on the AC to get the 2nd fan running and dropped to 202 in a few seconds. Took off down the highway with a shit storm of smoke behind me (the oil cooking in the turbo.) After a puff and 3 back-to-back 3rd gear pulls on the highway I never hit above 208F. I think I'll be quite ok on the track now Doing similar beforehand I would easily be 239F+ I think.

Grimspeed's hood struts. Should have done them sooner. My only tiny complaint is the bolts were polished/stainless instead of painted black so they stand out abit. Easy fix.

Next up is wheels and suspension! And maybe NX kit, meth or just upgrade pump/1k injectors and FBM fuel rails!

Lastly a photo another took of her at the Aug 2015 KC Cars and Coffee!
Attached Images

Last edited by Kiske; 08-31-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Kiske is offline   Reply With Quote